Welcome to the Friends of the Mountain View Library
Do you love the library? So do we.
The Friends of the Mountain View Library is a non-profit organization that raises money to make our library an ever-better place to be. Our goals are to:
- Help keep the community and the library connected
- Communicate the benefits and needs of the library
- Aid in the funding of high-quality library resources and services
The Friends have raised over $400,000 to achieve these goals through sales from the Lobby Shop and Used Book Sales.
Funds raised by the Friends from book sales, Lobby Shop, and online sales are used to support:
- Children's Summer Reading Program
- Teen Programs
- Mobile Library Services
- Furniture and Shelving
- Parent Education Programs
- New Media Purchases and More!
You can support the library in many ways
Join the Friends and become a member or help us out by volunteering for one of our many activities. Donate your gently used books, CDs and DVDs and we'll sell them to raise money for the library. And you can buy books at our Lobby Shop, our book sales, and our always-open online store.
Learn how you can give free money to the Friends just by shopping at Amazon!
We always love having more Friends, so click around and find a way to join in.